Tuesday 5 May 2015

MATHS

I am learning fast recall of basic facts within 5.  These are called basic facts.   

First I am learning how many altogether.  I think this is pretty easy, but it is challenging when the answer goes beyond 5.  I have to remember the special rule - fill one hand first!



This is me.  I can practise this on my own now to get faster.  You can help me at home too.  All I need is a pack of cards with the numbers 1 - 5 (I will use the bigger numbers later).  



The next part is a bit tricker.  I am learning 'how many more'.  It gets confusing and sometimes I add them altogether.  



Reagan shows us how we use tens frames to help.  We can use our fingers too.  

 

This is me practising 'how many more'.  You can help me at home with this too. 


And during the week I have seen an increased understanding and confidence with this maths strategy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment